Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 1 of Unit

Yesterday was my first day taking over 2 class periods. I was nervous as all get out! I got to school early figured I'd have time to prepare and THANK GOODNESS I did. First off, my Macbook is not compatible with the smartboard coard. SO my whole lesson, which used a power point and video clips from youtube needed that smartboard. So my co-op said put it on your jump drive and put it on my computer. When I tried to open the powerpoint on his computer, it would not open because my powerpoint is a newer version. SO I tried saving it in a later format and it got ALL screwed up. 10 minutes to go until classes come in and I am frantic. I am trying to fix it and make it look presentable and readable. I get it fixed and then establish that NONE of my links work. I was unaware that youtube does not open in Stow HS. My co-op said that I would have had to embed the links....little late now. SO my video on history that were really cool, I couldn't use. 1st period came in and I seriously had to wing it. Luckily I had an extra worksheet in my unit plan folder than I gave out and we spent a little more time going over their projects. It was terrifying but exciting. My co-op said I did very well for having to fix everything on the spot and make a new lesson.

I guess I really got my first experience as a teacher; teachers are constantly having to revamp, redo, and fix lessons. You can't help what happens especially with technology, but you should always be prepared.

I am now going to go through ALL my powerpoints, re-do them to work at stow. If anyone knows where I can get an adaptor cord for a MacBook that can hook up to the smartboard cord let me know! Today is in-service so tomorrow will be day 2! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment