Sunday, October 18, 2009

Getting anxious to start my unit

I start my unit November 2nd and I feel like this is the final countdown. I am RIDICULOUSLY anxious, nervous, excited, scared, worried, happy about it. I think I have planned a strong unit (without the help of my co-op). I am a little frustrated that my co-op didn't really give me much guidance except saying daily reading quizzes and making sure to mention John Kowles (the author of our class novel) is a homosexual and how it might impact the reading of the novel. I think my students are in for a surprise when I start teaching. They are use to my co-op's very structured style of read, talk, quiz, read, talk, quiz, read, talk, review, test. That's just not me and I can't do it. They are going to be doing A LOT of simulation leads that might not go over well at first, but I think it will grow with my unit. I anticipate them really liking them more and more (besides, I am bringing food for 2 of the days!)

SO yah, I am excited and I will keep you all posted as I go through the process!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your unit! I am sure you will do fine! It seems like you have a lot of fun and interactive lessons. I am sure you will be a breath of fresh air! The students probably get bored with nothing but quizzes and discussions.

    ReplyDelete